I feel that at the core human beings in general have all the great intentions in the world. We want to improve, we want to love and we want to evolve.
We want the best for others.
And we want the best for ourselves.
However, how do we KNOW what we truly want and more importantly HOW to get there?
We can have ALL of these awesome ideas floating around in our heads all day long … but TRANSFERRING our beautiful intentions into ACTION needs honest reflection.
As much as I’ve wanted to be on “GO” mode this week, I’ve given myself some SPACE.
To recharge and reflect.
It’s such a valuable exercise to spend some time between Christmas and the New Year in reflection of what has passed, what is … and what can potentially BE.
This time of year holds great potential for healing, growth, expansion … allowing the opportunity to create authentic and soulful intentions for the future.
To help, I’m spending some time to answer some simple, yet POWERFUL questions … and I wanted to pass them along to you in case they are helpful.
Take a time out.
Do this exericse.
It is so important.
If you feel you “can’t” because of running around, kids, family, getting ready for this, that and the other … that is just an indication that you probably NEED this more than you think!
Avoid stepping into the New Year frantic and “running around” like crazy … and instead STEP INTO the New Year with beautiful intentions that are based on serenity yet powerful fierceness.
Below are 30 questions of self reflection.
Whether you do them now or in the first few weeks of the New Year, give yourself that gift.
And feel free to share any other reflective questions that you come up in the comments section below.
You can not only give me something new to consider … but also help others who come across this post!
1. What am I most proud of this past year?
2. What lessons have I learned?
3. How can I become a better _____________?
4. Where am I feeling stuck?
5. What is HONESTLY not serving me RIGHT NOW?
6. Habits: What old habits would I like to release? What new habits would I like to cultivate?
7. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
8. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
9. How did I spend my free time?
10. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
11. Am I passionate about my career?
12. What did my finances look like?
13. What feels forced/hard?
14. How have I been open-minded?
15. How have I been closed-minded?
16. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
17. What projects have I completed?
18. How have I procrastinated?
19. How have I allowed fear of failure to hold me back?
20. Where has self-doubt taken over?
21. What steps have I taken to continue learning & growing? (books, podcasts, seminars, workshops, courses)
22. When have I felt the most alive?
23. How have I taught others to respect me?
24. How can I improve my relationships?
25. Have I been unfair to anyone?
26. Who do I need to forgive?
27. What needs healing?
28. In what areas do I need to let go?
29. How can I be kind to myself?
30. What do I REALY REALLY WANT? What are the desired goals, feelings, in all parts of your life?