These egg cups are simple to prepare and are a great grab-and-go breakfast. Extra egg cups can be stored in the fridge (or freezer) and reheated in the microwave. And you can get creative with toppings for something a little “fancy” … like I show you with Step 2.
I hope you enjoy them! Please come back to this post and comment below how they turned out … and would love to see any photos of your creations!
6 large eggs
6 egg whites
2 small yellow squash, chopped
1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup arugula
1 crispy bacon strip
1-2 tsp fresh feta, crumbled
Himalayan salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste; optional
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add squash, pepper, and onions to egg mixture; mix well.
3. Lightly coat a twelve cup muffin tin with spray.
4. Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.
6. Serve warm or store in fridge or freezer for later
*If you have a convection oven, you may want to cook at 325° F.
This is the “fancy” part! 😉
1. Heat up 2 already prepared egg cups
2. Cook one bacon strip – I use a microwave bacon grill similar to this one. (I don’t think the one I have is available anymore.)
3. Plate the egg cups and top with arugula, your preferred amount of crumbled feta, and about 1/4 of the bacon strip. (of course eat the rest while you’re plating the food – haha!)
FYI – My favorite mainstream brand outside of official Greek markets is Vigo. It’s the most authentic because it’s made of sheep’s milk and is a full block of cheese sitting in water – just like it’s supposed to be. I’m Greek, I kinda know my feta cheese. 😉
Tired of feeling sluggish, uncomfortable in your own skin, confused about nutrition, and just too busy to spend hours at the gym? (or not getting the results you want.)
I know you have questions. And I have answers. Because I was there…
Find out how my next challenge group session starting October 31 can help you GET YOU BACK. From short workouts … to an easy to follow whole-food nutrition plan … to personal accountability from me and our fit tribe![x_button shape=”square” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://www.vanessaaviles.com/get-fit/” target=”blank” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON OUR NOVEMBER GROUP[/x_button]
This is a post that contains affiliate links. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions and recommendations are my own.