Healthy doesn’t have to be bland. And dinner doesn’t have to be complicated.
Here’s what I had for lunch the other day … I had actually made it for dinner the night before and I had enough for lunch the next day!!! If you try out the recipe, please comment below and let me know how it turned out! 🙂
- Take a shallow baking rack and cover with aluminum foil. Spray a little olive oil on it. (I put my olive oil in a spray bottle, which helps it go a long way.)
- 2 Chicken Breasts butterflied and spray with a little olive oil. (I always try tenderize my meat with either a tenderizer.)
- Season with Tomato Basil Mrs. Dash on both side.
- Bake in the oven at 350º for 15 minutes. (I have a convection oven, so please be advised that cooking times may vary if you have a conventional.)
Comes out nice and juicy!
BROWN & BLACK RICE
My new favorite grain is black rice! I was running out of it and brown rice, so I decided to mix them together to make a full serving me and my husband could split for a few days.
- 1/2 cup of brown rice + 1/2 cup of black rice
- Follow the directions on the packaging 😉 — Plus I add a little olive oil to water.
- While it’s cooking – dice up 4 small sweet peppers and 1/4 cup yellow onion.
- When the rice is 95% cooked I mixed the veggies with it, add 2 Tbsp. parsley, 1 Tbsp. garlic powder and crack pepper to taste. (When I’m eating super clean I avoid salt as much as possible, but if you want to add some, just a dash of sea salt or Himalayan salt is best.) Mix it all up and VIOLA … no more boring rice!
Did you know …
Black rice is even better for you than brown rice. That’s because the bran hull contains significantly higher amounts of vitamin E, which bolsters the immune system and protects cells from free radical damage. In fact, black rice contains more anthocyanin antioxidants than blueberries, according to a study from the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center.
GRILLED BRUSSEL’S SPROUTS
I’m addicted to Brussel’s Sprouts! And the way these are made, your kids may eat them too!!! hahaha, but no promises 😉
- Remove steam part and cut in halves
- Place in bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. white or red balsamic vinegar, lemon and cracked black pepper to taste. Mix it up real good!
- Grill those bad boys up so you see the grill marks and they’re cooked through yet crunchy!
- If you don’t have a grill you can use a small indoor one or even broil them in the oven.