Here’s a simple, healthy turkey chili recipe.
If you’re following the 21 Day Fix, here’s the breakdown of the macronutrient food containers:
1/2 GREEN – 1 RED – 1/2 YELLOW — serves 6, 1 cup each
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs raw 93% lean, ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green (or red) bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I always add 6 – I love garlic!)
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans black or pinto (or both!) beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occassionally, for 5-8 mins, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add beans and tomatoes (w/ liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro OR parsley.
- Place all ingredients in Crock-Pot and cook for 2 hours on high OR 4-6 on low (depending on your slow cooker).
p.s. I don’t mess with the Stove Directions … Crock-Pot all the way!! As you can see from the photo. Easy peasy.
Hope you enjoy!