It’s so easy to overindulge during the holidays with tempting treats like peppermint, chocolates, cookies, cakes and gingerbread.
So I wanted to share with you a healthy recipe for one of your holiday favorites. These no-bake gingerbread balls are a surprisingly delicious way to enjoy the spiced flavor of gingerbread cookies without the guilt! With only 87 calories per serving, these treats will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you off Santa’s naughty list.
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology (or a vanilla protein)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1¼ cups pitted dates, packed
- Place almond flour, oats, Shakeology, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a food processor; pulse until mixture is the consistency of flour.
- Add half of dates; pulse until well blended.
- Add remaining dates; pulse until mixture forms a uniform dough.
- Shape dough into 12 walnut-sized balls; place in airtight container. (You may need to spray the dough with a little water to get them to stick/shape into a ball.)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 12 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 10 g
Protein: 3 g
Containers: 1 Yellow